BrunemanLaw, P.C.
A family law firm for Texans
Call Today

Dallas Attorney For Custody Modification

Even after a child custody, child support or spousal decree has been entered by the court, you will need to return to court if changed circumstances require that the orders be modified. These modifications must be ordered by the court to make them enforceable.

At BrunemanLaw, P.C., we help clients who are seeking to modify or enforce a court order. Our Family Law attorney, Steven W. Bruneman, will analyze your situation and give you a candid opinion on whether the court will grant your modification request. If you need help enforcing an order, he will aggressively advocate for your rights to ensure the court holds your ex-spouse accountable.

Helping Clients Modify Support And Custody Orders In Texas

In order to modify a court order for child support, child custody or spousal support, you or your ex-spouse must have experienced a material and significant change in circumstances. Some examples of what a court may find to be material and significant include:

  • Relocation — If you desire to move to a different city or state for a compelling reason and want to take your children, you must ask the court to modify your existing custody order in advance.
  • Job loss — If you have been ordered to pay child support or alimony and you later lose your job or experience a substantial salary reduction, you can ask the court to reduce your child support or alimony obligation to reflect this change in income
  • Remarriage — If you or your ex-spouse remarries, this factor alone can constitute a material and significant change in circumstances allowing you to have grounds to attempt a modification of the order.

Child Support Enforcement Lawyer Providing High-Quality Representation

If your ex-spouse is not complying with a court order to pay support or is not obeying a possession schedule, you can ask the court to enforce the order by holding your former spouse in contempt. Penalties associated with contempt orders may include fines and jail time. Our experienced lawyer, Steven W. Bruneman, will work with you to ensure that the court imposes penalties to compel your former spouse to comply with the court orders.

Contact Us

Schedule an appointment with a seasoned Dallas lawyer for custody modification and other modifications and enforcement of orders by calling BrunemanLaw, P.C., at 214-744-4440, or contact us online.

How Can We Help You?