Texas Family Law Attorney
Steven Bruneman is an experienced, AV Preeminent® rated attorney with both the knowledge and skills to serve clients in all types of Family Law cases. For large and more complex cases, Bruneman assembles a team of experts to perform various functions including forensic accounting, business valuations and investigations. Whether the case is large, small or anywhere in-between, Bruneman works on a dedicated course focused on achieving each of his client's objectives.
The mission of Bruneman Law P.C. is to provide clients with quality legal services to achieve the results they desire.
Steven Bruneman has been a trial lawyer since 1982 when he served for three years as an Assistant District Attorney in Midland County, Texas. In 1985, he entered private practice handling family law cases and eventually joined the law firm of Koons Fuller in 1999. In the mid 2000's, he and two of his Koons Fuller partners formed the law firm of Bruneman, Lake & Griffin specializing in family law. Steve's practice became BrunemanLaw, PC in 2010.
Family Law requires more from an attorney than just strong legal skills. Bruneman deeply understands the psychological dynamics involved in family law cases and he utilizes this knowledge in every case he handles. Bruneman's goal is to help move his clients through the emotional aspect of the case in order to focus on the bigger picture, that being resolving difficult issues and moving on with their lives.
Family law attorneys should work to minimize conflict. Divorce law was not intended to create a battleground to resolve issues yet many attorneys intentionally engage in those tactics. Regardless of how cases are handled, they all eventually come to an end; and ending them with the least amount of destruction is what Bruneman always seeks to accomplish. While he is always prepared to do battle and excels at it, Bruneman's vast experience has taught him that battling in this arena should be avoided if at all possible.
Bruneman's experience and reputation rank him among the top family law attorneys in Texas.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law 100%
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Father's Rights
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1985
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 1981
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1978
Honors and Awards
- Texas SuperLawyer, 2004 - 2009
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, 1981 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, 1984 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Board of Directors in Family Law Section, 2005 to 2007
- Dallas Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Section Treasurer, 2004
- Dallas Bar Association, Vice Chair, 2005
- Dallas Bar Association, Chairman, 2006
- Dallas Bar Association, New Member Committee, 2012 to 2014
- Dallas Bar Association, Fee Dispute Committee, 2012 to 2014
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association-Dallas Chapter, Board of Directors , 2004 to 2007
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association – Dallas Chapter, President, 2006 to 2008
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2000 to Present
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 1995 to Present
- Dallas Subcommittee for the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee of the Supreme Court of Texas, Member, 2013 to 2014
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
Past Employment Positions
- Koons, Fuller, Vanden Eykel & Robertson, 1999 to 2003
- Moore & Gunter, 1993 to 1999
- Solo Practitioner, 1984 to 1993
- Midland County DA's Office, 1981 to 1984